The Christmas Hamper Program is open! December 4—23, Monday – Saturday, 10am – 3pm
Location of Christmas Hamper Depot
Downstairs at the Royal Canadian Legion, #600 First Street West
Who we are: The Christmas Hamper Program is provided by Community Connections Food Bank and our goal is to help our low-income families and seniors enjoy a special Christmas. We provide hampers filled with food, gifts and toys. Every request for assistance is treated with compassion, respect and confidentiality. With your help we are able to make a significant difference in people’s lives!
Did you know?
- Annually during the Christmas season, we provide more than 180 hampers
- This program helps more than 200 adults and 100 children in December alone
- Every penny we use to put food into our hampers comes from our community
How can you support the Christmas Hamper Program?
- Make a charitable financial donation
- Food donation boxes are located at Save-On-Foods or drop off at the Legion during open hours
- Organize a food drive at your office/school/church/event
- Add a $2.00 coupon to your purchases at Save-On-Foods and Southside
- Donate your Save on More Points at Save-On-Foods
- Sponsor a family or senior with gifts & food, or donate gifts to a person in need
- Pick an angel from the Christmas tree at CIBC & buy a gift for a child
- Support the toy drive at The Red Apple Store
Most Needed Items: Cans of tuna, salmon, ham and other meats; Pasta, pasta sauce and tomatoes; Chunky soups, meal in a tin (i.e. stew); Breakfast cereals, pancake mix and syrup; Fruit juice and canned milk; Canned vegetables and fruit; Peanut butter/jam; Baby food, cereal and diapers; Toiletries such as toothpaste, shampoo and soap; Laundry detergent; Pet food, dry or canned.
Other Ideas for Christmas Hampers: New unwrapped toys, books and games; Gift boxes of cookies, tea or coffee, specialty foods; Calendars, magazines, notepads, pens; Candles, napkins, kitchen towels; Gloves, scarves, socks; Blankets, backpacks, movie bucks; Gift cards from any local store.