It has been four weeks since the election and we have been busy so it’s time for an MLA update.
On the government side of things I have been in Vancouver three times for Caucus meetings and a private meeting with Premier Clark. This past week I was be in Victoria from Wednesday to Friday for meetings and was officially sworn in on Thursday, June 8th.
We have secured office space in both Kimberley and Revelstoke and hope to have them officially open in August. I am also thrilled to announce that I have hired a Constituency Assistant for Kimberley, Rachel Logenberg. She is an outstanding addition to our team and she is already working on several things including the office opening process.
So far I have met with RDEK Area Director Wendy Booth, RDEK Area Director Gerry Wilkie, CSRD Area Director Karen Cathcart, Kimberley Mayor Don McCormick, Revelstoke Mayor Mark McKee and a telephone meeting with MP Wayne Stetski. I am in the process of scheduling meetings with remaining Area Directors as well as Mayors and Councils as well as Chief and Councils of Shuswap and Akisqnuk First Nations.
• Ribbon cutting at the Revelstoke Forestry Museum;
• Rode the Revelstoke Pipe on Opening Day;
• Participated in the Political Cross Cut competition at the Revelstoke Timber Day Logging Show;
• Served Breakfast at Canal Days;
• Attended the Girl Guides Awards in Kimberley; and
• Blue Lake 40th Anniversary.
Scheduled and upcoming events:
• Summit Trail Makers AGM;
• Ktunaxa Golf Tournament;
• National Aboriginal Day Celebration at Shuswap and Akisqnuk Bands;
• Canada Day Parade in Revelstoke;
• Kimberley new Cenotaph Opening; and
• MC for the logging show – Invermere Valley Appreciation Days.
Issues I am currently helping constituents with:
• BC Housing Owner Building Program;
• A BC Housing HOP Application;
• Public Transit in Golden;
• Columbia Valley Land Access Management Plan;
• Seniors Care in Invermere and Golden;
• Wild Sight – Solar Power on Crown Land;
• Kootenay Rockies Tourism;
• Flooding in Parson; and
• Emergency communications in Kootenay National Park.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions or make comments. For constituency matters, you can reach me via FB messenger, firstname.lastname@example.org or my cell phone 250-341-5189.