By David F. Rooney
The British Columbia School Trustees Association wants to focus public attention on the important of public education during the upcoming general election through a campaign driving home the message that Public Education is Key.
Revelstoke school trustees agreed during their meeting last Wednesday, March 1, to support the BCSTA’s campaign, unveiled during its recent Provincial Council meeting. You can watch their discussion at the 20:15 point on the video below.
The BCSTA has also created a series of videos by six guests at the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue in Vancouver:
- Dr. Patricia Daly, Vice-President, Public Health and Chief Medical Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health;
- James Hursthouse, Acting DigiBC Executive Director, DigiBC;
- Bernard Richard, Representative for Children and Youth;
- Isobel Mackenzie, The Senior’s Advocate;
- James Rout, Associate Vice-President, Education Support and Innovation, BCIT; and
- Kishoore Ramanathan and Amy Zeng, Representatives, Student Voice, Richmond School District.
The trustees watched the video featuring Patricia Daly during their meeting. Here are separate links to each of the videos, which appear after the School Board meeting video:
Dr. Patricia Daly
Kishoore Ramanathan and Amy Zeng