This year’s Monster Energy 7 Inches of Pleasure Tour is kicking off at the Traverse Club in Revelstoke on Friday, January 27.
For the fifth year in a row, Monster Energy has assembled five of North America’s finest vinyl crusaders for the nine-city tour. They are
Five of Canada’s top DJs — DJ Scratch (Brooklyn, New York), Mat The Alien (Nanaimo), Vinyl Ritchie (Vancouver), DJ Pump (Calgary) and DJ Illo (Ottawa) — are bringing decades of party-rocking experience to their nine-city tour of Alberta and BC, seamlessly blending genres from hip hop and R&B, to funk and soul, to electronic and dubstep, to punk and even heavy metal for your listening and dancing pleasure.
The tour is about more than music. It’s about honouring the memory of the music makers who pioneered vinyl as a cornerstone of DJ culture — like DJ Scratch learning to juggle and scratch on 7”s so his parents wouldn’t know he was playing with their record collection, as well as those who kept their wax passion alive, like Vinyl Ritchie who stuck with vinyl while everyone else was making the swap to digital DJing.
Here are all the Monster Energy 7 Inches of Pleasure Tour stops:
- Friday January 27 — the Traverse Club in Revelstoke;
- Saturday, January 28 — Golden;
- Sunday, January 29 — Banff;
- Thursday, February 2 — Fernie;
- Friday, February 3 — Calgary;
- Saturday, February 4 — Edmonton;
- Thursday, February 16 — Whistler;
- Friday, February 17 — Vancouver; and
- Saturday, February 18 — Nelson.