This year’s 23rd Revelstoke Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards, held at the Community Centre on Saturday November 5, was a sold-out affair attended by 330 people.
The winners for 13 of the awards were chosen by an independent selection committee. The committee reviewed all information provided by the community in the nomination process along with award criteria to determine the winners. This year the Chamber announced a brand new award, Community Innovation Excellence, which was awarded to RMR’s Pipe Coaster.
“This is not intended to be an award offered every year, but rather one that the allows the Selection Committee and the Chamber Board of Directors to use whenever there is an extraordinary circumstance,” Chamber President Randy Driediger said. “Such as is the case this summer with the impact one such feature had on our community. This new innovative service/offering provided our community with an exceptional economic benefit.
“I don’t think anyone could argue this one single attraction contributed in many ways to our community. With all this being said it was an honour to present the first ever Community Innovation Excellence Award to The Pipe Coaster, Revelstoke Mountain Resort.”
Jamie Mayes, the Chamber’s new executive director said the Chamber “is extremely proud to be part of this exciting time.”
This year’s award recipients are:
- Employee of the Year – Alex Cooper – Revelstoke Review;
- Tourism and Attractions Excellence – Revelstoke Railway Museum & Museum Store;
- Accommodations Excellence – Coast Hillcrest Resort Hotel;
- Food Service Excellence – Craft Bierhaus;
- Industrial and Manufacturing Excellence – Downie Timber & Selkirk Cedar;
- Retail & Service Excellence – Pharmasave;
- Youth Employer Award – McDonald’s Restaurant;
- Best New or Renovated Building Design – Starbucks;
- Entrepreneurial Excellence – Pulse Boot Fitting Inc., Kai Palkeinen & Kelly Hutchison;
- Home Based Business Excellence – Wandering Wheels;
- Community Support Excellence – Jan Morehouse;
- Business Person of the Year – Nicole Cherlet, Big Mountain Kitchen & Linen;
- Business of the Year Award – Le Marché Gourmet; and
- New Revelstoke Chamber of Commerce Community Innovation Excellence – The Pipe Mountain Coaster, Revelstoke Mountain Resort.