By David F. Rooney
School District 19 Trustees have approved an amended version of their annual budget that boosts it to $13.493 million from $12,994,939.
Secretary Treasurer Bruce Tisdale said some of the factors that impacted the annual budget were:
- Increase in Ministry of Education grants due to additional identified students with special needs;
- Favourable winter weather conditions;
- An increase in benefit costs;
- Employee salary increases effective July 1, 2015;
- Continued emphasis on maintaining full range of course offerings at Revelstoke Secondary School and appropriate class sizes at elementary schools; and
- Staffing increases for teaching and support staff positions at both secondary and elementary levels in response to student needs identified during the year.
Trustees also reviewed School Growth Plans for Columbia Park Elementary and Begbie View Elementary
You can also watch the meeting by activating the YouTube video player below: