The Revelstoke Early Childhood Development Committee (RECDC) has issued a call for nominations for the Fifth Annual Family-Friendly Business and Family-Friendly Workplace Awards.
Factors you might consider in selecting a nominee include:
- Providing a family-friendly environment for the public and customers;
- A welcoming layout and amenities;
- Public washroom and change table;
- Space to rest or breastfeed;
- Play area, children’s books, clean quiet toys; and
- Easy access for strollers.
In addition, RECDC is also seeking nominations of family-friendly workplaces. Things you might consider in selecting a business to nominate include:
- Policies that enable staff to balance life and fam ily commitments with work responsibilities;
- Flexible work schedules and benefits;
- Offering parental sick leave; and
- Offering resources and support services.
Nomination forms are available at the Early Years Information Office, located in Room 120 at 1001 Mackenzie Avenue or online at http://www.revelstokeearlychilddevelopment.com/family-friendly-business-award.html ]http://www.revelstokeearlychilddevelopment.com/family-friendly-business-award.html.
Completed nominations can be dropped off at the address above you can e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, February 2. Winners will be announced on Family Day, February 8.