BC Transit has launched a new and improved website, www.bctransit.com, to give its 1.6 million customers in 130 communities across BC, including Revelstoke, easier and more convenient access to online transit information.
The new-look website replaces graphics and a content management system that were more than 12 years old. It offers several customer service enhancements, including:
- Ease of view on mobile devices;
- Automatic location recognition directing riders to their local BC Transit system;
- Better access to schedule data;
- Customer alerts;
- The ability to subscribe to email alerts for specific bus routes (via email); and
- Convenient trip planning for most of BC Transit’s larger systems.
During the course of developing the new mobile website, BC Transit invited ideas from a stakeholder advisory group that represented key customers, accessibility advocates, operating partners, employees and local and provincial governments. The development team also considered survey input from more than 1,800 post-secondary students and received more than 250 surveys from customers with suggestions for improvements during the two-month preview.
The new is the first part of a three-part online communications upgrade which includes the development of an extranet for operating partners and an intranet for employees.