Rossland’s Iron Mountain Theatre, the same people who brought you Ski Bum: The Musical, are coming to Revelstoke April 4 with a new interactive play — Electro Social Club.
In Electro Social Club, 11 actors are cast in every city on the tour each playing the various stereotypical nightclub freaks you know so well: The Pick-up artist, The Dance Fluffer, The Bouncer, The Connoisseur and The Forever Raver to name a few. Actors’ short one-to-two-minute talking scenes are filmed live in the nightclub and projected onto the screen on stage. And if you’re feeling ambitious and want to take on more of the spotlight, some improv and choreography are optional.
Here’s how it works:
- You apply on the website — www.electrosocialclub.com;
- They chat with you about the role;
- If chosen they send you a password-protected link with script, music and all the details letting you know how it’s going to work;
- You show up at rehearsal the day of the show with all your lines memorized;
- You work with their director and videographer;
- You perform the show that night, they pay you your honorarium and everyone’s stoked because it was so fun.
The deadline for casting is 3 weeks prior to all performances so if you are interested in participating you had better get on it now.
ESC will be performed at The Traverse Nightclub on Friday, April 4. Tickets are $10 in advance and available from Society Snow and Skate -313 Mackenzie Avenue (cash only please) or $15 at the door.
To find out more about the commitment, the show, the characters in it or to apply for a role, visit www.electrosocialclub.com. You can also visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ElectroSClub.