Professional artists interested in working with young people and educators in school could have a chance to do just that
A statement from ArtStarts in Schools said the Infusion Studio program is coming to Revesltoke and Nelson this spring.
Infusion Studio presents professional learning opportunities for artists and teachers interested in bringing arts integration into schools across BC. Managed by ArtStarts in Schools, Infusion promotes the importance of the arts in our schools and communities.
Artists interested in participating in this program must attend a two-day professional development program hosted at ArtStarts in Schools in Vancouver on March 13 and 14. This session is designed to enhance artists’ ability to professionally and strategically present themselves to educators and identify ways to work together.
Artists selected for the program then attend a full-day Artists in the Classroom Exchange scheduled for April 7 in either Nelson or Revelstoke. This is intended to “connect professional artists and educators so they can explore ideas and work together to provide meaningful arts integration experiences in the classroom,” the statement said.
In order to qualify, you must:
- Be a resident of the Columbia Basin area and live within a commutable distance to either Nelson or Revelstoke;
- Attend the March 13 and 14, 2014 preparatory event in Vancouver (full travel and accommodation subsidy available); and
- Attend the April 7 event in either Nelson or Revelstoke.
The statement asked interested artists to apply by sending the following pieces of information to email@example.com:
- Your name, email, phone number, city and which location you wish to attend for April 7th (either Nelson or Revelstoke);
- Briefly describe your artistic practice and your area(s) of discipline;
- Share a specific experience where you worked as a professional artist with young people and/or educators, preferably in a classroom setting; and
- Describe how you might leverage this opportunity in your professional practice.
The deadline for applications is Friday, February 14 at 5 pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone by February 20. Further details will be discussed at that point. If you have any questions please contact Terri Anne Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-336-0626 ext 106.