To find a flu clinic near you, watch for local announcements on dates and times in your community, visit our website atwww.interiorhealth.ca/FluClinics, or contact your local public health centre. Many physician offices and pharmacies also provide vaccines free to those who are eligible.
Flu shots are safe, effective, and free for those most at risk of getting the flu and its complications including:
- People 65 years and older and their caregivers/household contacts;
- People of any age in residential care facilities;
- Children and adults with chronic health conditions and their household ontacts;
- Children & adolescents (6 months to 18 years) with conditions treated for long periods of time with Aspirin (ASA) and their household contacts;
- Children & adults who are morbidly obese;
- Aboriginal people;
- All children 6-59 months of age;
- Household contacts and caregivers of infants and children 0-59 months of age;
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy during the influenza season and their household contacts;
- Visitors to hospitals, health centres and residential care facilities
- People who work with live poultry;
- Health-care and other care providers in facilities and community settings who are capable of transmitting influenza disease to those at high risk of influenza complications;
- Individuals who provide care or service in potential outbreak settings housing high risk persons; and
- People who provide essential community services (first responders, corrections workers).
While flu shots are free for those most at risk, everyone can benefit from the flu shot. People not eligible for the free flu vaccine through the publicly-funded program should contact their physician, local pharmacy, walk-in clinic, travel clinic, or private provider.
For more information, contact your local public health office or visit our website at www.interiorhealth.ca. Information on the flu shot is also available on the Immunize BC website at www.immunizebc.ca, or on HealthLink BC at www.healthlinkbc.ca.
Where and when to get a flu shot in Revelstoke
|Revelstoke||Senior Centre||603 Connaught Ave||250-814-2244||11/5/2013||9am – 4pm||Drop in.|
|Revelstoke||Senior Centre||603 Connaught Ave||250-814-2244||11/14/2013||9am – 4pm||Drop in.|
|Revelstoke||Senior Centre||603 Connaught Ave||250-814-2244||11/26/2013||1pm – 6pm||Drop in.|
|Revelstoke||Queen Victoria Hospital||1200 Newlands Road||250-814-2244||12/10/2013||12pm – 5pm||QVH Boardroom – 2nd Floor|
PH. Drop in