By David F. Rooney
The new Columbia Shuswap Invasive Species Society has been percolating away this summer and, after holding operational planning meetings in Salmon Arm and Golden, is poised to hold its first AGM here in Revelstoke on Tuesday, October 1.
A statement from Cordinator Natalie Stafl said the 8:45 am until 3 pm AGM at the Community Centre will see the society select new members to join its board of directors representing:
1) Agricultural interests
2) First Nations and Aboriginal groups
3) Industries with a vested interest in invasive species management
4) Various levels of government
5) Environmental and Conservation groups
6) Interested residents of the Columbia-Shuswap
Participants at the AGM — click here to read the AGM agenda — will discuss activities that were held lat summer as well as future proposed activities.
CISS has a proposed priority invasive species’ hit list for members to ponder. Click here to see the hit list.
Among other things to be discussed will be proposed Invasive Plant Management Areas for the region. Click here to view the IPMA map.