The Revelstoke Accommodation Association and Revelstoke Chamber of Commerce are pleased to announce the appointment of Amy Flexman as Events Coordinator, joining our Tourism Team. Amy brings a wealth of experience in Event Management and is passionate about our community.
In a joint statement, the two organizations noted that Amy is a director of the Revelstoke Arts Council and an avid outdoors enthusiast. Amy’s home has been Revelstoke since 2011 when she was inspired by our community while guiding a group of Ontario students on a ski adventure. She holds a B.Sc. in Physical Education, Bachelor of Education and is Whitewater Intensive Leadership Development (W.I.L.D) certified. Amy has been active in event committees as well as initiated several new events and music performances within Revelstoke.
Amy’s Responsibilities will include:
- Creating, marketing and logistically managing new festivals and events;
- Soliciting new group, meeting and small conventions to Revelstoke;
- Creating and managing a client database and web-marketing initiatives;
- Liaising with existing event committees and individual organizers;
- Assisting with marketing of local events to potential visitors, including social media campaigns; blogs; website; media; and event collateral.
“We had an amazing group of local individuals step up for this position and would like to thank all those that applied,” said the statement from the Chamber and RAA. “This is a two-year contract position, with the Revelstoke tourism team.”