Kootenay Business magazine is pleased to announce our second annual Influential Women in Business Awards. The awards are designed to recognize and salute the tremendous accomplishments of women in business throughout our region. Last year we selected three influential women from the West Kootenay/Boundary and three from the East Kootenay—this year we will again recognize six of the region’s most influential women in business.
Below are the six winners for 2012.
- Pam McLeod, executive director of the Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce (Castlegar)
- Ingrid Hope, president/owner of Hall’s Printing (Trail and Nelson)
- Tammy Darough, RHC Insurance Brokers Ltd. (Nelson)
- Sydney-Anne Porter, co-owner of AG Valley Foods (Invermere)
- Cynthia Levagood, owner of Smoking Water Coffee Co. Cafe/Bistro (Fairmont Hot Springs)
- Suzanne Pantazis, Notary Public (Cranbrook)
Call for 2013 nominations! Do you know of an influential woman in business who deserves to be recognized? Please take the time to nominate a Kootenay woman you think should be saluted for her dedication and hard work in the business community.
You can submit your nomination to email@example.com with the nominee’s first and last name, company name and a brief write-up on why you are nominating this person. The deadline for nominations is Friday, April 5, 2013.